Business Intelligence Analyst (Job ID: 537):
Reporting to the Director, Information Management & Analytics, the Business Intelligence Analyst is accountable for providing reports and reporting solutions to all stakeholders. This involves gathering business requirements, strategizing on how best to manage those requirements, identifying and querying data sources, and finally, validating and presenting results. In addition, the analyst will provide leadership in explaining results, resolving data issues, and assisting with the maintenance of a reliable reporting environment.
- Gather requirements from internal customers in order to translate business needs into project plans or data analysis.
- Design and develop reports or reporting solutions using querying tools.
- Constantly improve BI business processes and look for new data elements to help clarify or support decision making.
- Convert reports from legacy applications to newer platforms.
- Devise and create test data and test plans with documentation on all reports.
- Coordinate with internal teams to develop trends and projections and to support business strategies that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profit growth.
- Collaborate, consult and effectively communicate findings, insights and recommendations with business leaders.
- Organize, label and document inventory of data objects and migrate them between development, UAT and product environments.
- Understand operational systems, databases (including joins and keys) and data mapping.
- Understand ETL data functions, dimensional modelling (both logical and physical data models), staging, and data integrations in order to manage a robust DataMart or data warehouse environment.
- Understand all aspects of the Project Management lifecycle.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Strongly committed to provide an excellent employee experience and environment.
- Client service minded.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to see the big picture, while understanding the fine details.
- Strong dedication to confidentiality.
- Influential and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision making.
- Proven ability to work effectively and professionally in a dynamic environment while managing multiple client demands and priorities.
- Advanced analytical, organization skills.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytic skills.
- Confident in leading projects and organizing meetings.
- Comfortable delivering training or presenting findings to diverse audiences.
- Quick learner who can capture requirements accurately and speak to them clearly.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Computing Science, or Information Management, or related field.
- 3-5 years of direct business intelligence experience.
- Familiarity with relational databases and the business intelligence framework.
- Working knowledge of SQL programming.
- Familiarity with Information Builders WebFOCUS reporting tools would be an asset.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM would be an asset.
- Experience with Redgate products
- Experience with IBI’s Data Management Console
- Experience with Microsoft Synapse
- Experience with Dell Boomi
- Experience with Azure cloud products and tools
- Familiarity with relational databases, business intelligence framework, and experience with BI tools
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn up to 10% of salary in the form of bonus.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system (household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.).
About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
- Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial, and ambitious.
- Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty, and personal responsibility in all relationships.
- Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
- Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
- Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence, and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services, and processes.
Firma is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Firma provides a supportive and respectful environment free of bias, where each employee feels valued. Together our opinions, strengths, experiences, and diverse backgrounds empower us to perform better and be innovative, which is essential to Firma’s continued success.
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Place to Work Certification and won Great Place to Work in 2018.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter as one document to email@example.com, referencing job ID: 537 as the subject line.
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job
Is this job a perfect for you? Fill out your application here.