Data Flow Specialist (Job ID: 538)
Reporting to the Director, Information Management & Analytics, the Data Flow Specialist will have a deep domain understanding, strong IT and analytical skills, and will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting all backend data flow solutions. This includes helping to design & build the enterprise data warehouse (EDW), integrating business systems, and enabling the use of emerging technology.
- Develop, construct, test, and maintain data flows and architectures
- Define ETL processes in a way to capture and store necessary data, as well as properly clean and onboard raw data from various sources
- Suggest and develop metrics to help the organization monitor key data KPIs
- Align data flows to business needs and design such flows with scalability in mind
- Work with the Business Analyst, Data Architect, and Data Modeler to add new data and aggregations to the data warehouse to better satisfy questions from the business
- Collaborate with the IM&A team and the business to determine how data can be provisioned and leveraged to create better user experiences
- Collaborate, consult, and effectively communicate findings, insights, and recommendations with business leaders.
- Understand operational systems, databases (including joins and keys) and data mapping.
- Understand ETL and ELT data functions, dimensional modelling (both logical and physical data models), and staging while focusing on data integration and data modeling.
- Understand all aspects of the Project Management lifecycle.
- Train existing IS resources and SME’s on new data integration and ingestion techniques.
- Initiate and support data science and ML/AI experiments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Strongly committed to provide an excellent employee experience and environment.
- Client service minded.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to see the big picture, while understanding the fine details.
- Strong dedication to confidentiality.
- Influential and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision making.
- Proven ability to work effectively and professionally in a dynamic environment while managing multiple client demands and priorities.
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytic skills.
- Skilled in ETL, ELT, APIs, Virtualization, and SQL.
- Able to network with internal and external partners.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science, Information Systems, or a related quantitative field (experience will be considered in place of education)
- 3-5 years of ETL development.
- 3-5 years of development involving the population of datamarts and data warehouses from multiple data sources
- 2-3 years of SQL querying and scripting experience
- 1-2 years of ELT development
- 2 or more years of experience developing real-time data pipelines. Education on the topic can be a substitute for experience
- 1-3 years developing modern data pipelines
- Prior experience with cleansing data during data onboarding processes
- Exposure to data pipeline development within a cloud-based environment or familiarity with moving data pipelines from an on-prem environment to a cloud-based environment
- Willingness to learn different data pipeline methods and eagerness to incorporate the latest data trends into the organization and suggestions for strategy
- Experience with Redgate products
- Experience with IBI’s Data Management Console
- Experience with Microsoft Synapse
- Experience with Dell Boomi
- Experience with Azure cloud products and tools
- Familiarity with relational databases, business intelligence framework, and experience with BI tools
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn an incentive payment based on 10% of salary as part of our Corporate Incentive Program.
- Health and dental benefits upon commencement.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system (household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.).
About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
- Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial, and ambitious.
- Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty, and personal responsibility in all relationships.
- Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
- Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
- Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence, and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services, and processes.
Firma is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Firma provides a supportive and respectful environment free of bias, where each employee feels valued. Together our opinions, strengths, experiences, and diverse backgrounds empower us to perform better and be innovative, which is essential to Firma’s continued success.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Place to Work Certification and won Great Place to Work in 2018.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job ID: 538 as the subject line.
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job
Is this job a perfect for you? Fill out your application here.